Saturday 21 November 2009

Going deeper underground...

So, I thought I might as well start expanding on what I do, and the tech I have become familiar with in my drive to fame and fortune as an editor.

I started off with good old Photoshop. This was my first venture into editing. My first few tries didn't exactly turn up many good results. As in the cuts around objects were bismal to say the least. But as time progressed, my abilities improved to what they are like now.

After that came the introduction to motion picture editing. My first editing programme used was Final Cut Pro. I easily got the hang of it in about an hour. From then on, I could edit nearly everything, and knew exactly where to find everything I wanted.
Then came my need for special effects. As wonderful as Final Cut Pro is, it has very limited effects options, which means editing in this programme alone gives very basic films. Here is where After Effects comes in. One of the biggest and well known special effects programmes going at the moment (well the best ones for a student anyway). The capabilities of this programme is amazing. You can practically do anything you want with it.

Anyway, there you have it, a bit of info on the apps I will be using to bring you the best images and films I can create =)

No comments:

Post a Comment